Feature film written, produced and directed by John Schwert.
A follow-up to the festival hit Among Brothers, John Schwert’s second feature In/Significant Others is a multi-narrative drama that navigates through the different lives of one city’s residents, each of whom is connected to the same local homicide investigation. This ensemble cast of characters includes an Iraq War vet returned home to an emotionally disturbed wife, a new father living in the shadow of a successful brother, a sister caught up in a web of addiction, and a cameraman who attempts to exploit the reality behind all of their stories, or at least his version of them.
The search for truth becomes a life and death struggle as the subtle manipulation of all relationships is exposed.
Feature film adapted, produced and directed by John Schwert.
On November 9th, 1994, Jennifer Morgan, a senior at Francis Marion University in Florence, SC, was found dead in her burned down apartment – the police told her family that it appeared to be an accident. Two days later, the autopsy revealed that it was no accident. There was no presence of smoke in Jennifer’s lungs – she died before the fire – someone had killed her and tried to cover it up. Jennifer’s brother, Tom Morgan dedicated 10 years of his life to putting the pieces of this unsolved murder together and compiled his true, original story from which the film is based.
Two Souls Indivisible
Based on the book by James Hirsch (author of the National Best Seller Hurricane)
Two Souls Indivisible is the unforgettable true story of two American soldiers shot down during the Vietnam War and the heroic bond they formed sharing a cramped cell in a brutal POW camp. Fred Cherry, the first black officer to be captured by the Vietnamese, was severely wounded after the plane he was piloting crashed in North Vietnam. Porter Halyburton, a young white navy flier born and raised in the segregated South, was thrown in as Fred’s cellmate – their captors hoping the close quarters would inflame American-bred racial tensions and break both men. Instead, a powerful and heroic bond was created between the two that would sustain them through the war and throughout their lives.
Two Souls Indivisible tracks the inspiring, heartbreaking and remarkable story of Fred Cherry and Porter Halyburton nursing each other back to health under the agonizing North Vietnamese POW conditions. The story’s narrative balances time between the POW camp, Porter and Fred’s distinctly different upbringings, and their time in the military, all the while keeping the viewer updated with the historical events that were taking place at home.
Given the state of our US presence abroad today, this story is never more timely, and shows how good people can achieve greatness in the most gravest of circumstances.
A dramatic thriller written by Thomas Torrey. Produced & directed by John Schwert.
The covering up of an accidental murder in the countryside forms a unique bond between Oliver, a traveling businessman from the city, and Robbie, a lonely Southern man stuck in his small rural community. As the two men try to bury their secrets, the truth comes to the surface.
- Wells Fargo
- Hoover (TTI Floorcare)
- Drakkar Essence (L’Oreal)
- Mountain Dew with Dale Earnhardt Jr (Hungry Man & BBDO)
- Morris Jenkins
- Mountain Top (Level Path Productions & Robert Whitlow)
- Westbrook High – Swirl Films (GMC TV)
- Pepsi – Carolina Panthers (Radical Media)
- The Ultimate Life (Michael Landon Jr)
- Novant Health – Pogo Pictures (Luquire George Andrews)
- Mobil 1 with Tony Stewart (Mobil 1 & Coolfire Media)
- ACN (Success Partners)
- Victory Motorcycles (Tattoo Projects)
- Goody’s with Dale Earnhardt Jr (Hammerhead Entertainment)
- Sheetz (Tattoo Projects)
- Archbishop Curley (Arthur Elliott Marketing Group)
- A Short History of Decay (Big Fan Films)
- Carolina Panthers “DeAngelo Williams” TV Spots (Morris Jenkins)
- Time Warner – Homeland Promo (Smuggler)
- The Hunger Games (Lionsgate)
- Bank of America (Red Thread Productions)
- The Bachelorette (ABC TV)
- Under Armour with Cam Newton & Kemba Walker (Smuggler)
- ACN Marketing Promos (Video Plus)
- Narrator, Inc. (Josh Oreck)
- WWE Alberto Del Rio Promo (Production Central)
- Wells Fargo Championship (Wells-Fargo)
- CW Network’s “Shelter” (Bad Robot)
- Trinity Goodheart (GMC TV)
- Homeland (Showtime)
- Morris Jenkins TV Spots (Morris Jenkins)
- Bojangles (Boone Oakley)
- Time Warner Cable (Station Films)
- Mack Truck (McMahon Truck Group)
- Jimmy (Level Path Productions)
- Sports & Fitness Clubs of Charlotte
- Back To Life Foundation (Elevate Lifestyle Magazine)
- Reelworks Studios
- Re Salon & Med Spa (Concentric Marketing)
- Grand Estates Auction Company
- Living Energy (Saber of Truth Ministries)
- Aphasia (Little Word Films)
- Devil’s Crossing (Indigo Pictures)
- One-Eyed Doe (World Creator Films)
- Aflac (Go Film)
- In/Significant Others (North Poplar Pictures)
- Astra Zeneca – Symbicort (Radical Media)
- Bank of America – USA Olympics (Anonymous Content)
- Step Brothers (Sony Pictures Entertainment)
- Nascar (Nascar Media Group)
- BirthMark (BackWoods Productions/Filmmakers Alliance)
- Monopolian (Greyfellow Productions)
- The Thick Of It (ABC/Sony Television)
- The Wachovia Championship (Wachovia)
- PinkSlip (John Schwert/Mark Burnett Productions)
- Pineapple Express (Apatow Productions)
- Super Bad (Columbia Pictures)
- Norbit (Dreamworks)
- Talladega Nights (Sony)
- Doritos Crash The Super Bowl (Snack Strong Productions)
- Among Brothers (E1 Entertainment & Vanguard Cinema)
- Sprint Nextel NASCAR 2006 (MJZ Productions)
- Disney Super Bowl Ads 2006 (Pytka Productions)
- Two Souls Book Tour (C-Span)
- The Rest Of Your Life (Captain Obvious Productions)
- The After Hours (John Schwert)
- Strike The Tent (Solar Film Works)
- Cubre Libre (Group 101 Films)
- Dawson’s Creek (WB)